Central Virginia Interpreter Services (CVAIS) was established to improve language access to providers of health care, immigration and social services; education and legal support within the Central Virginia area.
We are a local language service provider, which gives us the ability to respond to your language needs promptly and provide you with the best customer service.
Our interpreters undergo a rigorous testing, training, and supervision process to ensure a high aptitude of language skills that measures up to company standards set by the National Council of Interpreters in Healthcare (NCIHC), the American Translation Association (ATA), and the other leading and respectable interpreter and translation associations.
We serve Central Virginia to meet your language and communication needs through the following:
- In‐person Interpretation
- Consecutive interpreting occurs when the speaker pauses between thoughts so that the interpreter can convey the message to other individuals in attendance.
- Simultaneous interpreting – The mode used for conferences or in court – The message is presented from one spoken language into another at about the rate that it is spoken.
- Telephone Interpretation
- Telephone interpretation is a form on consecutive interpretation done over the telephone through a dial-in number, available 24 hours a day.
- Web-based video interpretation
- Document Translation and Transcription
CVAIS is committed to professional communication services providing:
- 40 hour Health and Community Interpreter Training
- Training on how to work with an interpreter